As 2016 comes to a close, it’s a time to evaluate the annual goals. Everyone makes resolutions, right? I think that is still a thing. I don’t call them resolutions because it seems like they die all too quick when they are called resolutions. I have goals.
I didn’t actually write them down (for real) at the beginning of the year because my goals grew and evolved throughout the year. There are two goals that I had at the beginning of the year…and I think I did pretty good! (And both of these were, in fact, documented in one way or another)
#1 was: Read the New Testament in 2016. Today, December 31st, I finished the entire NT Plan (YouVersion Bible App) in 2016. I was behind…many, many times. But I pulled it together and finished it out ✅
#2 was: Take pictures of the Mr & I. Started in Jan 2017 with this picture at the beach. You can see the caption…my goal, documented!!
I didn’t get as many as I would have liked (I also didn’t post all of them), but I will consider this goal…accomplished ✅
I have already blogged about a couple of my other goals in 2016:
- Finish my first 1/2 marathon (March 16)
- In April, I wanted to get 10K steps in a week. As of today, I have 38 straight weeks of 10K+ steps (minus only 1 day…in November, I had the flu). Now, I am going for a whole year..only a few months left and I will be there!
- Start working out in the mornings (started in March 2016 and carried on throughout the year)
- Work on training related to management (work goal)
- Do a real push-up, not on my knees (it took a lot of work, 50 T-25 workouts and more!)
- Not elect Hillary Clinton as the next President of the United States
- Hear news of my best friend getting engaged (yahoo, it happened on Christmas Eve! 🙏🏻💍😊)
I am sure there was a few others that I am not remembering….I must say, 2016 was another good year. Grace learned to walk and talk. The boys stayed active….really, really active. Joe & I still love each other and love being married. Our house on Promise Lane is still a dream come true. I celebrated 8 years at work (the longest I have ever worked at a company). And it goes on from there….
I guess it’s time to work out some goals for 2017. I know a few already…at least I have a start 😊
Happy New Year, friends & family. I hope you find yourself healthy and happy. Make this new year all that you want 👍🏻🎉